Nearly a week until Christmas and this is the final evening of my seventh semester at Lees-McRae college. The fall semester of 1997 is almost over.
I spent some time last night with Abigail. I told her the whole Sarah story and she shared some more with me about K.C. She thanked me for sharing stuff like that with her. What a good friend I have in her. Thank you God for healing us.
And most of this afternoon and evening was spent with Sarah. After she packed I held her in her bed. She fell asleep, but I just kept watching her, touching her face and neck as she slept and made little snoring noises.
She is so beautiful.
She left this evening. Just now, before I started writing, as a matter of fact. We plan to see each other over the holidays. I can’t wait!
This has been an amazing semester. There were many great and favorite moments:
– Laughing with Dan and Sherlive about the blue hole thing
– Midnight bowling in Savannah and scoring a 224.
– The “Stand in the Gap” trip.
– Cantering with Bay Lady.
– A mute Abigail asking me to touch her face.
– Seeing “Masks” resurrected.
– Every minute of the Hilton Head Island trip
– November 22, 1997 and nearly every second since then when I was close to Sarah.
– And I can’t forget to mention, although I don’t think I ever wrote about it here in my journal, the time I held Sarah under a rainbow.
What a blessed semester this has been. And I even had my own real Christmas tree! I got to travel, direct and choreograph, act in a leading role again, and meet Sarah.
I have so much to love, so much to cherish, and it all comes back to Jesus.
Jesus, I love you so much. Thank you for all you have given me. You are my life. You are my all.
Oh vast pursuing lover come.